Welcome to Mindanao and Philippines' newest surfing destination: the town of Lanuza in the province of Surigao del Sur. This rural but elegant little town which faces the Pacific Ocean, has endless waves ideal for surfing and other water sports activities. The site is known as Doot Poktoy, a huge sand bar across the town's seawall with waves that can go up to 10 feet comparable with Cloud 9 in Siargao.
The town is also fast becoming one of the prime ecotourism destinations in the Philippines.
COME AND VISIT LANUZA, you will enjoy the nature's beauty of:
1. Doot Poktoy Surfing Paradise with its world class surf waves;
2. The amusing and serene Lanuza Marine Park and Sanctuary;
3. The fascinating retreat area of Magkawas Falls and Green Paradise;
4. Lanuza Wetland Park and Mangrove Forest;
5. Campamento Caves; and
6. A two-century old Narra Tree
LANUZA now a burgeoning blend between the bounty of Mother Earth and people's respect and care for the environment.