Last October 8 and 9 was the last 2 pre-pageant events for the MassKara Queen Pageant.
October 8, Saturday. The Fantasy Make-up competition at the Fountain Area of Robinson's Place Bacolod where not only the MQ ladies competed for the best in Fantasy Make-up but also their make-up artists.
Each lady has different themes: there was an alien of some sort, a red butterfly, an avatar, a green butterfly, a spider, a dragon, a fish and a lot more.
The artists were only given an hour and thirty minutes for the make-up and costume preparation of their MQ candidates before the fashion show of their masterpieces. Some already brought ready-made props and costumes but their make-ups must be done on the spot where everyone could see the transformation of the ladies faces.
October 9, Sunday. The Designers' Night was held at SM City Bacolod Event Centre. The MQ ladies flaunt the gowns and clothes made by their assigned designer in a mini fashion show. This night is a competition of the designers. They will be the ones to make the evening gowns of their assigned MQ ladies during the pageant night.
• John-john Ditching with the 60's theme for MQ candidates #1 (Nikki Drilon) and #3 (Kathleen Matillano)
• Tony De Ramos with the 50's theme for MQ candidates #2 (Allysa Marie Villarico) and #4 (Abegail Rose Valdez)
• Rudy Samontesa with the 20's theme for MQ candidates #5 (Giah Elaine Sumalde) and #9 (Rose Valerie Lapuz)
• Jim Makani with the 30's theme for MQ candidates #6 (Jelliane Rose Dinorog) and #7 (Anastacia Concepcion)
• Lino Ramos with the 70's theme for MQ candidates #8 (Alona Jabaybay) and #10 (Rexie Lynn Lim)
The winners of the Fantasy Makeup and Designers' Night will be announced during the MassKara Queen Pageant Night on October 17, Monday at the University of St. La Salle Coliseum.
photos by Dustin Mijares