Still can't think of anything to prepare for Noche Buena? Why don't you serve one of the favorites of Filipinos every special occasion... Fruit Salad!
Fruit Salad is an easy and quick to prepare recipe. The common ingredients are fruit cocktail (usually canned), condensed milk and cream.
• 1 can fruit cocktail (6 lbs or 10 cups)
• 1 can condensed milk
• 1 cup heavy cream (or all purpose cream)
• ¾ cup nata de coco
• 2 pcs. Apples (optional, you can add other fruits too), cubed
• ½ cup plain cream cheese (optional)
• ¼ cup cheddar cheese, cubed
1. Drain the juice from the fruit cocktail and transfer the canned fruits in a bowl.
2. Combine the fruit cocktail, other fruits and nata de coco then toss lightly.
3. Add the condensed milk then mix lightly.
4. Add the cream (all purpose) then mix again.
6. Serve Chilled.
7. Share and Enjoy!
• To prevent browning of the cut apples: cut and toss immediately in the cream mixture or keep them in a water solution of ice water and the juice of 1 lemon.
• To cut the sweetness of the condensed milk, you can add more cheddar if you don't like using cream cheese.
• You can add a few macapuno or soft shredded coconut meat. Just don't overdo it since you're not making a Buko Salad.