Chocolate Crinkles are soft and fudgy chocolate cookies enclosed in confectioners or powdered sugar. A perfect holiday treat : these delightful cookies (baked with lots of love) are good christmas presents for friends or even a luscious christmas dessert to share with the entire family.
2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
4 pieces raw eggs
1 tbsp vanilla essence
4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
2/3 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup confectioners sugar
1. Cream the butter in a mixing bowl using an electric mixer
2. Whisk the granulated sugar in and continue mixing for 2 minutes
3. Add the cocoa powder and melted chocolate then mix again for a minute
4. Put-in the eggs and vanilla essence then continue to mix until the texture becomes fluffy.
5. Add-in the flour, salt, and baking powder then mix again until all the ingredients are evenly distributed.
6. Cover the mixing bowl with cling wrap and refrigerate for at least 3 hours
7. Remove the cover and scoop the mixture using 1/2 tbsp measuring spoon
8. Roll the mixture using your palms until the shape becomes spherical
9. Roll the chocolate balls over confectioners sugar until fully covered
10. Arrange on a baking tray with wax paper (each ball should be 2-3 inches apart)
11. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and bake the chocolate balls for 10 to 12 minutes
12. Remove from the oven and allow to cool down
13. Arrange in a serving platter then serve. Share and enjoy!