We Filipinos like different kind of soups especially when it is served hot and during the rainy seasons.
Tinola, is a kind of fish soup and is easy to cook. There are different versions in cooking tinola. The most common version is chicken. But now, let's learn how to cook Fish Tinola (Filipino Fish Soup).
Delicious yet inexpensive, you will surely enjoy sipping tinola's hot soup.
Here's an easy recipe.
• 1 pound fresh cleaned fish
• 5 cups water
• 1 piece of crushed ginger
• 2 sliced tomatoes
• 3 green peppers
• 3 chopped green onions
• 1 tablespoon salt
• 1 tablespoon freshly ground pepper
1. Slice the fish into small pieces, drop into soup pot filled with boiling water.
2. Add tomatoes and ginger. Leave for 10 minutes.
3. Then add the green peppers, onions.
4. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cook for another 5 minutes.
I'm not a fan of ginger in soups (unless if it's salabat), so you can just put a few small pieces. You can also add sili or its leaves to make it spicy if you like.
Tinola is another Filipino native cuisine that we should be proud of.
Tinola was said to be invented during the late 19th century. The dish was also referenced in Jose Rizal's Noli Me Tangere.