Leche Flan is a classic dessert in the Philippines. It is also known as caramel custard. Known also in the different parts of the world especially Europe, it is a perfect dessert to cap your meals.
Here's a classic recipe:
ï‚§ 10 pieces raw eggs
ï‚§ 1 small can condensed milk
ï‚§ 1 cup fresh milk (or evaporated milk)
ï‚§ 1 cup granulated sugar
ï‚§ 1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Using all the eggs, separate the yolk from the egg white (only egg yolks will be used).
2. Place the egg yolks in a big bowl then beat them using a fork or an egg beater.
3. Add the condensed milk and mix thoroughly. Pour-in the fresh milk and mix well.
4. Put the mold (llanera) on top of the stove and heat using low fire.
5. Put-in the granulated sugar on the mold and mix thoroughly until the solid sugar turns into liquid (caramel) having a light brown color.
6. Spread the caramel evenly on the flat side of the mold.
7. Wait for 5 minutes then pour the egg yolk and milk mixture on the mold.
8. Cover the top of the mold using an aluminum foil.
9. Steam the mold with egg and milk mixture for 30 to 35 minutes.
10. After steaming, let the temperature cool down then refrigerate.
11. Serve for dessert. Share and Enjoy!
This recipe is good for 6 servings.
You can substitute the vanilla extract with the juice of freshly squeezed shredded lemon peel to add flavor. Shelf life could go as long as 1 week.
panlasangpinoy.com | thephilippineisland.com | lutongluto.blogspot.com | pinoyfood.co.cc