When we are not feeling well, we usually look for a comforter. I could still remember when I was young and sick my mother would prepare a special kind of porridge for me.
It wasn't just an ordinary porridge that is why I would like to share to you guys, the healthy and unique way of preparing Seafood Porridge.
• 100 Grams (3.5 ounces) Rice
• 50 Grams (1.75 ounces) Dried squids
• 50 Grams (1.75 ounces) Dried whitebait/silverfish
• 50 Grams (1.75 ounces) Dried shitake mushroom
• Sesame Oil to taste
• Salt and pepper to taste
• Fresh coriander leaves and spring onion to garnish
• Soak the shitake mushrooms until soft. Then cut into small pieces.
• Soak and wash the dried whitebait / silverfish.
• Wash the rice 2-3 times.
• Add in 1.5 Liters (or 6 and 1/3 cups) of boiled water and soak the rice for 30 minutes.
• Add in the shitake mushrooms.
• Heat the pan and fry the washed dried squid
• Fry until the squid is dry and fragrant.
• Add the squid into the rice
• Cook in the rice cooker for 1.5 hours.
• Serve with sesame oil, coriander leaves and spring onion (optional).